Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Thu Feb 10 19:02:06 PST 2011

On 2/10/11 6:18 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

> On 2/10/2011 5:32 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> But I think tools.ietf.org has pretty
>> much anything that's likely to be cited in future RFCs.
>

> While that's probably correct, I think that tools.ietf.org is not
> designed or operated for this type of long-term reliable access. For
> example, I think things get moved around pretty freely.

+1

> In any event, it would be worth specifying a long-term URL base for
> accessing I-Ds and then making sure it's operated accordingly.

-1, at least here. If the IETF Secretariat takes over that function and
shows that it can do so well (in particular, have more sensible URLs
than those that are used for the ietf-announce archive that the IETF
Secretariat runs), then we can decide to add URLs. Until then (and that
can take a long time), it is sufficient to allow Internet-Draft filenames.