Dave CROCKER dhc at dcrocker.net
Thu Feb 10 12:00:25 PST 2011

On 2/10/2011 11:35 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 10.02.2011 20:23, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> What's new, I think, is that we're writing this down, and recommending
>> that the full date should be included and that the full draft-name
>> string may be included.
>
> <broken-record>
> What we SHOULD recommend is that the ID name SHOULD be included, and the full
> data (as opposed to Year/Month) MAY be included.
> </broken-record>

+10.

I think Julian's language is exactly right.  I think it is pretty silly to do
anything to resist use of the name, since it makes it more effort to get the
document, but difficult in the form of hassle.  Designing to create hassle is
bad design, except for stairway exits at the ground level (the hassle is to make
it harder to keep going down.)

d/
--

   Dave Crocker