Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 11:53:38 PST 2011

On 2011-02-11 08:35, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 10.02.2011 20:23, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> What's new, I think, is that we're writing this down, and recommending
>> that the full date should be included and that the full draft-name
>> string may be included.
>
> <broken-record>
>   What we SHOULD recommend is that the ID name SHOULD be included, and
> the full data (as opposed to Year/Month) MAY be included.
> </broken-record>

My comment above is what the current draft says. My personal
opinion is the same as Julian's: let's just recognise reality
and cite the full filename for I-Ds. Since the web was invented
some time ago now, the notion that I-Ds expire and vanish from the
Earth is just fiction, so it's better to cite a precise version.
The filename is the way to do that.

   Brian