[rfc-i] Developing consensus, episode 2: Who chooses the Production Center and Publisher

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Thu Feb 10 04:48:01 PST 2011

On Feb 10, 2011, at 5:55 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

>> could be modified to
>>
>> Based on the RSE and evaluation team's ongoing input, the IASA selects ,
>> negotiates and contracts and has final authority.
>>
>> Is that close enough to what you're looking for?
>

> Well, explicitly declaring 'ongoing' input is an improvement.  But 'input' is
> really just advisory and this still allows the IAOC to negotiate details that
> the RSE considers unworkable.

We are stuck with the fact that the IASA has final authority and I understand the point you are making (such conflict would IMHO ultimately result in an RSE walking away). I interpret what you seem to be calling for is that that final details are  done by IASA with the RSEs input being taken seriously and being involved. To me that is captured in the word 'cooperation'.

So would s/input/cooperation/ make more clear that this is a mutual process.?

--Olaf

                                       Science Park 140,