Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Tue Feb 8 14:18:05 PST 2011

Hi, Craig,

Nice doc. A few suggestions:

1)---
    4.  If a series name is required, it should be "Internet Requests for
        Comment".
That should read:
    4.  If a series name is required, it should be "Internet Requests for
        Comments".
(A single RFC is a Request for Comments; the series would be Requests
for Comments)

2)---
Sec 4 seemed a bit odd to me. In specific, AFAICT:

a) standards-track docs already can (and do) cite IDs non-normatively

	this should be noted

b) it's not clear what kind of citation is now being allowed; this
should be made more clear

	IMO, it is NEVER appropriate to cite an ID normatively

I.e., it's not at all clear to me what is now being allowed that hasn't
been before, and (if so), why it should change. IMO, IDs can/should be
cited for credit, but never for specific content detail, regardless of
track.

3)---
    7.  While many modern Internet-Drafts are available from an IETF
        Secretariat tools web site even after expiration, normally the
This should be updated as:
    7.  While many modern Internet-Drafts are currently available
        from an IETF Secretariat tools web site even after expiration,
        normally the
I.e, it's not clear that the tools site is a good thing to refer to here
in specific, except as a current example. (the location where that
archive exists may change)

Joe