Craig Partridge craig at aland.bbn.com
Tue Feb 8 13:26:50 PST 2011

[for those who'd like another topic of discussion on this list :-)]

Hi folks:

It has taken a while (and that's probably my fault), but the RFC citations
committee has produced a set of recommendations for consideration and
discussion.

They've just been posted as an Internet-Draft:  draft-carpenter-rfc-citation-rec
s-00.txt

Most of the document seems (from my perspective) unlikely to provoke
controversy.  The one area people may be surprised is we are recommending
that people be permitted to cite Internet-Drafts in non-standards RFCs
(standards documents cannot cite I-Ds per RFC 2026).

The other change most likely to visible is the recommendation to include all
of an authors initials on the front page and footers/headers of RFCs.

Comments can be sent to the committee <rfc-citations at bbn.com> or directly
to me.

Thanks!

Craig

Chief Scientist, Raytheon BBN Technologies
Adjunct Professor, University of Michigan

E-mail: craig at aland.bbn.com or craig at bbn.com
Phone: +1 517 324 3425