[rfc-i] Developing consensus, episode 2: Who chooses the Production Center and Publisher

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:09:00 PST 2011

On 2011-02-09 06:09, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 06:05:08PM +0100, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
>> --- start ---
>> a) The RSE owns and develops the work definition (the SOW). The work definition is created within the (budgetary) boundary condition that are negotiated with IASA and takes into account the RSE's requirements and community input.
>> b) The RSE manages the evaluation process (the bids agains the SOW) which leads to a recommendation to IASA
>> c) The IASA selects, negotiates and contracts and has final authority.
>> d) with the RSE to provide advice and assistance as the IASA deems useful in those later stages
>
> This makes sense to me.

Yes, but I think the text does need to clarify how this relates to the IAB's
authority to "approve the appointment of an organization to act as RFC Editor".

I don't think there's a real problem here, but maybe a few words need
to be added to c), such as: ", subject only to IAB approval".

If you don't do that, we would strictly speaking need "Updates: 2850".

   Brian