[rfc-i] Developing consensus, episode 2: Who chooses the Production Center and Publisher

Ted Hardie ted.ietf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 09:19:46 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Olaf Kolkman <olaf at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> --- start ---
> a) The RSE owns and develops the work definition (the SOW). The work definition is created within the (budgetary) boundary condition that are negotiated with IASA and takes into account the RSE's requirements and community input.
> b) The RSE manages the evaluation process (the bids agains the SOW) which leads to a recommendation to IASA
> c) The IASA selects, negotiates and contracts and has final authority.
> d) with the RSE to provide advice and assistance as the IASA deems useful in those later stages

Perhaps its the contrast with "owns and develops" in the line above
but "manages the evaluation process" seems a bit less specific than
the other lines.  I don't want to over-specify, but I think it would
be useful to express whether the RSE is 1) undertaking the process
her/himself 2) managing a small group evaluating the bids 3) managing
community input if the bids are public.

regards,

Ted