[rfc-i] Developing consensus, episode 2: Expected hours of work for the RSE

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Fri Feb 4 15:23:03 PST 2011

> My impression is that almost everyone who's looked closely at the job
> (as in "Should I apply for it?") has come up with the view that it is
> well above half-time initially, and probably above half-time in
> a steady state.

I have looked closely at the job (as in "Should I apply for it") and
came up with the numbers I posted earlier in this thread.

> And I am not extrapolating from my own state of mind, since I've
> never contemplated applying for it ;-)

Understood, but you are speaking for other people without naming them.
Following in those steps, before sending these numbers, I spoke with
another person who had earlier applied for the job and he thought my
numbers were fine, and said nothing about "well above half-time
initially". I also passed them by another party who had not considered
applying for the job but has been following the discussion carefully,
and he made only one tweak (which was reflected in the numbers I sent).

If you can get the people who made your impression to come forward with
their estimates, that would help this discussion a lot.