[rfc-i] Developing consensus, episode 2: Expected hours of work for the RSE

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Feb 1 12:13:44 PST 2011

On 1/31/11 11:48 AM, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
> My intention is that this document serves as the basis for RFC5620bis
> and for the creation of job descriptions. Since for multiple reasons
> we are a stressed for time, I would like to complete the description
> of what is either consensus or a decision very soon.

One area that is not covered at all in this draft and for which there
was disagreement is the number of hours that the RSE job is expected to
entail. Section 6 of Glenn's "motivations" document lists some of his
estimates, I gave lower ones a few weeks ago, and a few people have
given much higher ones on the list.

Coming to consensus on a range of expected hours will have a significant
impact on the job description. I apologize for not bringing this up
sooner as I said I would, but I thought Glenn was meant to be coming out
with a revised model draft in which this would be discussed.