[rfc-i] Proposing mailing list for errata

Mykyta Yevstifeyev evnikita2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 02:18:02 PDT 2011

Hello all,

Currently when submitting an RFC Erratum report, the message is sent to
authors, sponsoring AD, current ADs of the particular area, WG, if any,
and copied to RFC Editor.  My proposal is to create the mailing list at
rfc-editor.org which would be dedicated to discussion of RFC Errata (or
technical only).  All [technical?] errata reports will be copied there;
and community consensus will be easier to claim when approving or
rejecting errata.

As an alternative, several lists may be created, dedicated to errata for
Apps, Gen, Int, etc. RFCs, eg. categorized by area, in order to allow
people who are knowledgeable in particular area to express their opinion
on errata for RFCs belonging to such area, not requiring them to receive
tons of messages regarding errata in RFC which they may not provide any
input.

I'll be happy to hear whether there are any thought in this.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev