[rfc-i] [kivinen at iki.fi: Re: RFCs in two ebook formats (mobi, epub)]

RFC Editor rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Mon Apr 4 10:32:14 PDT 2011

Forwarding to the list for Tero.

----- Forwarded message from Tero Kivinen <kivinen at iki.fi> -----
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:58:53 +0300
From: Tero Kivinen <kivinen at iki.fi>
To: rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org
Subject: Full set of RFCs in .mobi and .ePub ebook formats

I have been working on the tools to create usable ebooks out of the
RFCs (and Internet-Drafts). This allows easy reading RFCs on the
Kindle 3 or similar ebook readers. The directory containing the ebooks
is:

http://www.fenron.net/~fenner/ietf/ietf-ebooks/

The rfc.mobi is the latest RFC ebook in mobi format and rfc.epub is
same for ePub format. I will be updating the RFC ebooks every now and
then, but most likely on weekly bases or similar in the future.

The area.<area>.html pages contain the separate pages for each working
group in that area, and in those wg.<wgname>.html pages contain mobi
and epub format of the internet drafts.

The mobi format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobipocket) works in
Kindle 3, and any mobipocket reader software, along with lots of other
readers). ePub (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB) should then work in
rest of the devices...

You might need to download them to your PC first and then transfer
them to your device separately. Kindle should be able to download them
directly from that url over WiFi.
kivinen at iki.fi