[rfc-i] RFCs and IPRs

Scott O. Bradner sob at harvard.edu
Tue Oct 19 05:27:42 PDT 2010

> That may be true, but at least in one case it hasn't stopped the author
> to *add* statements to the copyright section; see
> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-04>; is
> this something that should have been rejected?

the ID submission tool is never going to be "smart" enough to find such
additions so it should not have been rejected

and, since it specifically says that it is being submitted as a
non-IETF ID the no derivative works clause is fine - I'm not sure
how the community feels about the 'can't use code components' addition

Scott