[rfc-i] RFCs and IPRs

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Mon Oct 18 06:26:11 PDT 2010

On 10/18/2010 6:01 AM, Scott O. Bradner wrote:
> so I think that we do require IPR disclosure for non-IETF documents
> (and, historically, many of the IPR disclosures refer to non-IETF
> IDs)

The fact that this is not widely (or possibly even very narrowly) understood by
the community should bother us. We should think of ways to make sure that's
fixed, both in terms of broader education and in terms of soliciting an explicit
IPR conformance statement from authors (and wg participants).

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking