[rfc-i] RFCs and IPRs

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Oct 15 13:23:35 PDT 2010

On 10/15/2010 3:55 PM, Bob Hinden wrote:
> The tools pages currently include a link to relevant IPR.  For example:
>
>    http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5707

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I mean. (Hadn't thought to check for it; thanks
for highlighting it.)

I think it should be touted more, when present, per the recent changes for
hitting the reader in the face with an errata flag.

As for IETF vs. RFC, I'm sorry Brian, but I think this is a formal distinction
that serves the general public very poorly in this case.

If the IPR issue was important enough to deal with in the IPR, it is important
enough to associate with the RFC, at the same status as errata.  (Some will
claim that it is, in fact, a form of errata...)

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking