[rfc-i] On two committees

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Nov 30 03:53:56 PST 2010

On Nov 30, 2010, at 4:09 AM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

>> Suppose that the community developed a consensus to make the PDF(/A)
>> version of RFCs normative. This would cause the EIOC to make that
>> a "policy", which the RSE would then be instructed to carry out?
>
> In my fantasy, the RSE would write a policy proposal, bring it
> to the REOC, it would get debated with the community, and the
> REOC would make a consensus call. And if it was a big enough deal
> to be considered "general policy" it would then go to the IAB
> for an up/down decision.

Replace Bob's question with:
    "Suppose that the community developed a consensus to reorganize the RFC editor model."

(I realize that this may not be a very constructive suggestion and I would almost say 'pun intended' if reflecting on how _this_ process works in the context of what is currently proposed wouldn't make my head hurt so bad).

--Olaf