[rfc-i] On two committees

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 19:09:49 PST 2010

On 2010-11-30 12:02, Bob Braden wrote:

> Suppose that the community developed a consensus to make the PDF(/A)
> version of RFCs normative. This would cause the EIOC to make that
> a "policy", which the RSE would then be instructed to carry out?

In my fantasy, the RSE would write a policy proposal, bring it
to the REOC, it would get debated with the community, and the
REOC would make a consensus call. And if it was a big enough deal
to be considered "general policy" it would then go to the IAB
for an up/down decision.

I don't think that in that scenario, anyone would need to give
instructions to the RSE.

    Brian