[rfc-i] Draft Review request - Pre-IETF RFCs Classifying Part I

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sun Nov 28 03:32:29 PST 2010

On 28.11.2010 12:18, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
>> RFCs are immutable. We can ask the RFC Editor to update the RFC
>> database, but the actual text in the RFCs is not going to change.
> It is considered. But are there any way to mark the RFC with the

What do you mean by "it is considered"?

> corresponding
> 'ST. of th. Memo' section without changing it? And what would you say about

I don't think so. The information on the RFC reflects the situation at
time of publication, not the current one. For that, there's the RFC
database.

> RFC 60 with its 'modern' 'St. of th. Memo' section while other RFCs of
> that period
> do NOT contain ANY 'St. of th. Memo' section? Isn't it modifying the RFC?
> A link: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc60.txt

It might; if it does, it's a bug that happened when the original RFC was
transformed into machine-readable form.

Best regards, Julian