[rfc-i] My comments on http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-kowack-rfc-editor-model-v2-00.txt

Leslie Daigle leslie at thinkingcat.com
Tue Nov 16 15:20:28 PST 2010

Hi Dave,

Your subtlety may be even greater than my jetlag, and the effect could
well be multiplicative :^)

Let me try this:  I don't think I'm urging requirements for Glenn's
report from his activities.   I'm sure it's a fine report of his
recommendations.

I'm urging requirements for the production and shape of the next turn of
the crank on the RFC Editor model, as captured in an RFC.

Leslie.

Dave CROCKER wrote:

> On 11/16/2010 12:54 AM, Leslie Daigle wrote:
>> Written form of my comments on the draft, covering my Monday night
>> plenary
>> comments and subsequent discussions.
>>
>> Metapoints
>

> Leslie,
>
> Entirely separate from the merits of any of your points, I find myself
> wondering how Glenn was supposed to know the requirements that are now
> being cited for his effort?
>
> I don't recall seeing them in public responses to his public queries,
> over the last 8 moths.  Perhaps he or Olaf or the RSAG were given them
> privately?
>
> Did he simply ignore your statements indicating what form his
> recommendations were supposed to take?
>

> d/

"Reality:
      Yours to discover."