[rfc-i] Overview document available

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 19:15:53 PST 2010

On 2010-11-12 15:59, SM wrote:
> Hi Brian,
> At 18:08 11-11-10, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> Internet Official Protocol Standards
>> 2300
>
> This RFC mentions Internet Architecture Board and updates STD 1.
>
>> 2400
>
> This one mentions IAB too.

>> 3700
>
> This one mentions Internet Engineering Task Force and updates STD 1.
>
>> 5000
>
> This one mentions RFC Editor and updates STD 1.
>
> RFC 3700 and RFC 5000 are labelled as coming from the Independent Stream.

STD 1 is a strange case, because although it used to be generated by the
RFCE, it is in fact a document that derives algorithmically from
IESG decisions. My recommendation for many years was to abolish
it - problem solved!
My point is that the number of RFCs generated directly by the RFCE is
very small and not worth creating a formal stream - and certainly not
significant compared to the big organizational issues.

    Brian