[rfc-i] possible RFC Editor stream -- was: Overview document available

Alfred Hönes ah at TR-Sys.de
Mon Nov 8 12:56:41 PST 2010

Brian Carpenter wrote:

>                               [...]  All that is proposed is
> that the RFC Editor can continue to publish occasional RFCs that
> are concerned with the RFC series itself. To me that is simple
> common sense.

+1
(for Brian's comment, and for the Glenn's proposal).

Following arguments presented previously on this thread, iff kept
seriously on the Independent Submission stream, future April 1st
RFCs would have to undergo RFC 5742 review by the IESG ...   :-)

BTW: There was a tradition of publishing an annotated bibliography
of RFCs, in the form of the famous RFC xx99 series.  Because the
decision on making use of some so far unused RFC numbers has not
been made, this tradition has been on hold for a while, and IIUC,
all these RFC numbers have been kept reserved, with the intent to
defer the decision of whether or not to continue that tradition
to the next, longer-term RSE.
Having such documents undergo the review procedures established for
the Independent Submission stream would IMO be ridiculous.
OTOH, a perfect match for an RFC Editor stream, isn't it?

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.