[rfc-i] Overview document available

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Sun Nov 7 17:42:16 PST 2010

At 9:13 AM +0800 11/8/10, Bob Hinden wrote:
>Can we come up with a way in the model for the RFC-Series editor to publish occasional RFCs relating to the RFC series without having to create an explicit stream?
>
>I wonder if creating a whole stream to " publish occasional RFCs that are concerned with the RFC series itself" is overkill.

If it is believed that the RSE will have a good relationship with the IAB, then it is probably overkill. That is, if any request from the RSE to the IAB to publish a document in the IAB stream always is allowed, RSE-generated RFCs have a natural home.

However, if the RSE is the one to publish the definition of new RFC streams and/or changes to the rules for any of the current streams, then "go to the IAB stream" is probably inappropriate.

At 2:28 PM +1300 11/8/10, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>So my statement above "the RFC Editor can continue to publish occasional RFCs that
>are concerned with the RFC series itself" may be necessary and sufficient.

Yep.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium