[rfc-i] Overview document available

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:24:29 PST 2010

On 2010-11-08 08:34, SM wrote:

>   RFC 2233 is considered part of
> the Independent Submissions Stream.

Assuming you mean 2223, that is not so. It was published by the RFC Editor
on its own behalf, but it was not an independent submission *to* the RFC Editor.

> Having rigid restrictions on what
> can be published in that stream is a disservice to the Internet
> Community if we would like the stream to flourish.  There is already one
> IETF and we don't need another IETF-like stream.

Nobody is proposing to create such a thing. All that is proposed is
that the RFC Editor can continue to publish occasional RFCs that
are concerned with the RFC series itself. To me that is simple
common sense.

   Brian