[rfc-i] Overview document available

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sat Nov 6 19:08:23 PDT 2010

> I think it was a bit of a rushed decision in the previous round
> to include admin documents in the "independent" stream.

+1

At first blush, the streams model seemed rather bloated with excessive structure
and bureaucracy.  Over time, it's become increasingly clear that it does quite a
good job of separating out different interests.

The nice thing about the streams model is that it supports adding new streams,
according to policies about content and approval that are tailored to different
needs.  One constituency that produce documents does not have to be held hostage
to the Procrustean rules of another constituency.

Policies about the RFC Editor operation, as well as stray bits of document
whimsy every year, do not fit into any of the other streams' policies.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking