[rfc-i] Overview document available

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 18:27:44 PDT 2010

On 2010-11-07 03:11, SM wrote:
>   "The [RFC Editor] stream should be re-instituted to distinguish RFC
> Editor-related
>    policy, structure, and process documents from other RFCs."
>
> Is there a reason why this cannot be done through the Independent
> Submissions Stream?

Because independent submissions are supposed to be peer-reviewed
technical submissions that don't fit into the IETF, but are of general
interest. That does include special efforts like avian carriers, which
the IETF is unlikely to standardise, but not admin stuff.

I think it was a bit of a rushed decision in the previous round
to include admin documents in the "independent" stream.

   Brian