[rfc-i] Overview document out by Wednesday, and Transitional RFC Editor process toward, during, and just after Beijing

Glenn Kowack Glenn at riveronce.com
Mon Nov 1 10:20:21 PDT 2010

On Nov 1, 2010, at 11:40 AM, Bob Hinden wrote:

> Glenn,
> A clarifying question.

Bob,
   thanks very much for bringing up this very important issue.  Perfect timing.

> I have read the draft and will read the overview when it is out.  Should I assume the overview is authoritative?  That is, if the draft and overview say different things about an issue, then is the overview correct?  Or are they supposed to be saying the same thing?

Yes - they are supposed to be saying the same thing, in the first version of the Overview.  As the discussion proceeds, I will update the overview to reflect discussed additions and changes.   When the discussion settles down, I will produce a draft-01, be sure the Overview is in sync with that, and then repeat this process for as many iterations as required.

For this first version of the Overview, it's possible that small misalignments will occur.  If you see any, please let me know and I'll make corrections.  Also, I am already beginning to include community and RSAG comments, so you'll see those additions.  Those will be called out as changes, of course.

> Likewise, if there is something in the draft that is not in the overview, then I assume the text in the draft is authoritative.

Yes.

> Please confirm.

thanks again for bringing this up,
Glenn