[rfc-i] Overview document out by Wednesday, and Transitional RFC Editor process toward, during, and just after Beijing

Glenn Kowack Glenn at riveronce.com
Mon Nov 1 08:20:22 PDT 2010

Joel,
  your description is exactly how I'm proceeding.  And it is indeed subtle: not showing changes would be unclear; adding changes in-line can destroy the narrative flow.  Since this will be the first reading by many, I aim to find a proper balance.

This is made a tad more complex because (as mentioned when announcing the Overview) I'm already calling out differences from RFC 5620.  Like any other engineering effort (no matter how 'soft'), the devil's in the details.  Net, my goal is to facilitate understanding of the recommendations.

regards,
Glenn
___