[rfc-i] Overview document out by Wednesday, and Transitional RFC Editor process toward, during, and just after Beijing

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Mon Nov 1 07:59:41 PDT 2010

On 11/1/2010 7:48 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> At 7:15 AM -0700 11/1/10, Dave CROCKER wrote:
>> On 11/1/2010 7:03 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>>> If at all possible, please make it clear when you are describing what is
>>> in the draft and what it is you have heard from others about the draft.
>>

>> "what you have heard from others"???
>
> Correct. As you quote below, Glenn said that he was going to integrate
> comments from the RSAG. Given the membership of RSAG, it is likely that there
> will be possibly conflicting comments from different RSAG members.

You appear to be confusing 'overview' with 'transcript'.

You also appear to be confusing the difference between reporting the opinions of
others from making recommendations.

      As I understand the task of the TRSE, it is to make recommendations, not
to report the recommendations of others.

If others have differing preferences, they are free to express them.

Paul, let's try to treat simple language simply.  Glenn's note said:

    "I will integrate community and RSAG comments received so far into the
overview document."

Plain reading says that it will be more current than the previously release full
'specification' draft.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker