[rfc-i] Overview document out by Wednesday, and Transitional RFC Editor process toward, during, and just after Beijing

Glenn Kowack Glenn at RiverOnce.com
Mon Nov 1 00:42:13 PDT 2010

I published the first draft of Transitional RFC Series Editor (TRSE) recommendations for
RFC Editor Model (Version 2) on Tuesday, October 26 [1].  In order to facilitate community
discussion and help us to focus on the high-level recommendations, I am producing a
stand-alone Overview of Recommendations document, which I will post to the RSE web
page [2] by Wednesday, 3 November.  This overview will include all high-level
recommendations in draft-kowack-rfc-editor-model-v2-00.  I will integrate community and
RSAG comments received so far into the overview document.  As the discussion
proceeds, the overview will be updated on the way to creating the full updated -01 draft.
That draft will be produced by 22 November, as previously announced by Olaf.

I recommend that you read the overview before the full draft. If you don’t have time to
read the full draft, the overview will be more than enough background for the Beijing
plenary, where I will present my findings and recommendations. As always, please send
your comments and input.

I look forward to hearing from each of you, and seeing and talking to many of you in
Beijing.

regards,
Glenn
Transitional RFC Series Editor