[rfc-i] Future interaction of the Datatracker and the RFC Editor's tracker

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Jun 29 09:14:25 PDT 2010

At 8:02 PM +1200 6/29/10, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>Hi Paul,
>
> > Quite true. As I said in my message, the drafts I listed are still being considered in the IETF, and their recommendations will be implemented in the future.
>
>Actually, no. As far as the non-IETF streams are concerned, whether they are
>implemented or not gets decided by the streams concerned, not by the IETF.

Of course. Please note that I said "considered in the IETF", not "considered by the IETF".

>So it seems like the the alt-streams draft needs to be formally reviewed by
>each of the non-IETF streams. Somebody, for example the TRSE, needs to
>make sure that happens.

Immediately after the IAOC contracted me to write the draft, I have been in close contact with Olaf, Nevil, and Aaron. This is a project of the IAOC, not the TRSE. The project covers the states in the Internet Draft part of the  Datatracker, not the RFC Editor's tracker. That's why I brought the issue to this list: when the Datatracker is updated, the RFC Editor's tracker should change.

I will add a note in the -02 version of my draft to make it clear that this isn't a rogue proposal.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium