[rfc-i] transitional rfc series editor (TRSE) third report, and 9 June report to the IAB Boston retreat, posted to the RSE web page

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Jun 23 12:37:54 PDT 2010

Hi Glenn,
At 08:56 23-06-10, Glenn Kowack wrote:
>Transitional RFC Series Editor (TRSE), report #3 is now available on
>the rse web

According to Section 2.1.2 of report #3:

   "Maintaining a Style Guide is cited as an RSE responsibility
    in RFC 5620 and the Transitional RSE Job Description
    (4 November 2009). However, it is not an explicit TRSE action
    item. I have chosen to look into this now because making
    improvements could pay for the investment with improved
    efficiency. It may also be possible to use a lightweight,
    incremental approach to making additions to the guide.
    If so, the earlier we begin the better."

The current style guide at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-style-guide/rfc-style is labelled as a
draft.  If you cannot have a revised Style Guide as an explicit TRSE
action item, could you consider producing a Style Guide instead of
leaving it in a draft state?  There is a reference in there (RFCs07)
which is in preparation (July 2007).  If it is not too much work, it
would be good to fix the little nits before the community gets into IEN137.

Regards,
-sm