[rfc-i] Future interaction of the Datatracker and the RFC Editor's tracker

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue Jul 6 12:20:23 PDT 2010

On 7/6/2010 12:12 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> At 11:44 AM -0700 7/6/10, Dave CROCKER wrote:
>>    Your proposal appears to take each (new) stream in isolation and invent a state machine for it.  Why did you do this?
>
> Because that is what the stream managers asked for.

1.  They asked you to invent new state machines that share no functionality with
the existing, tested state machine?

2.  Isn't overall integration, reliability, efficiency, blah blah blah part of
the job of designing and integrated, reliable, efficient system?  How does your
proposal satisfy this?

>> Has this been developed in conjunction with the RFC Editor?
>
> That is the purpose of this thread, yes.

I thought this thread was presenting things to the broader "RFC community",
rather than conducting a discussion with the RFC Editor staff that formulates a
joint proposal with that staff.

Note, for example, the lack of RFC Editor staff participation in this thread, so
far.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker