[rfc-i] DOIs

Henning Schulzrinne hgs at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jan 26 17:38:28 PST 2010

I don't know where you work, and this may well be more of a US/North American thing than a European one (although Springer, being more of a European publisher, uses them for their journals, too), but they are pretty standard currency in academic research, which is presumably the area where long-term-useful citations matter.

Henning