[rfc-i] "canonical" URI for RFCs, BCPs

Henning Schulzrinne hgs at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jan 26 13:22:40 PST 2010

Joe,

I obviously can't prove or disprove your assertion (and neither of us is likely to be around to collect on a bet), but I suspect that librarians know a thing or two about long-term archival, certainly more than I do. Given that IEEE and ACM use the system, among many others scientific publishers, I'd guess they'd find somebody to take over doi.org should the current consortium bite the dust. ("Approximately 40 million DOI names have been assigned by DOI System Registration Agencies in the US, Australasia, and Europe.")

Henning