[rfc-i] [tlp-interest] [IAB] Boilerplate changes Required for TLP 4.0

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Thu Jan 14 00:51:54 PST 2010

Russ Housley wrote:
> Brian:
>
> The most recent approved changes do not prevent the posting of I-Ds. For
> this reason, I do not understand your comments.
>
> The most recent changes allow non-IETF stream RFCs to include different
> license for code; they rejected the Simplified BSD license that the
> tools team recommended to the Trust for the IETF stream.  I-Ds for these
> streams can be posted using the earlier boilerplate, as they have been
> for the last several months.  When the tools are updated, I-Ds for these
> alternate streams will have alternate boilerplate if they wish to use
> it, but they will not be required to use it to get their I-D posted.

Exactly *which* previous boilerplate?

The boilerplate as of 2009-02 can't be produced by xml2rfc.tcl for new
IDs, as it decides on the boilerplate based on the publication date.

The boilerplate as of 2008-11 never could be produced by xml2rfc.tcl.

I may be missing something; maybe you should post a sample source for
xml2rfc.tcl that produces the boilerplate that is needed?

Best regards, Julian