[rfc-i] Recently published .txt versions of historical RFCs

Alfred =?hp-roman8?B?SM5uZXM=?= ah at TR-Sys.de
Sun Jan 10 13:21:40 PST 2010

> I sent the RFC editor rfc97.txt back in 8/2008. It needed to be checked
> by another pair of eyeballs, but I'm not sure why it never got posted.

Simply day-by-day business pressure, I guess.

Some of the .txt files posted last week carry trailing "entered by"
notes dating back to 1999 (if accurate; the years are given mod 100
only -- Y2K bug! --, so I'm not perfectly sure about the century :-) )

> I've attached it here.
>
> For good measure, I decided to type in rfc551.txt. It's also attached
> and needs to be checked.

Very kind!   Thanks so much.
Hope these files will advance to official publication soon!

>      Tony Hansen
>      tony at att.com
>
> PS. From your list, RFCs 320 and 669 *do* have TXT versions.

Hmmm.  After a more closer check, you're right.  Shame on me.

The RFC index and the RFC Editor web pages are unaware of these files.
I harvested the index to obtain the list.  :-(

So the basic flaw is in the RFC index, where the TXT=... clauses
need to be added to the RFC 320 and 669 entries, and the database
updated.  :-)      (After transition!)

Kind regards,
  Alfred.