[rfc-i] Important: do not publish "draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08" as is!

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sun Jan 3 13:41:30 PST 2010

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just created five test cases representing the appendices A.1 to A.5.
> Turns out that the text in the examples is not in sync with the
> definitions in Section 3 (see, for instance,
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/samples/sample.ipr.rfc.hab.a2.test.xhtml>).
>
> Best regards, Julian

In the meantime, I came across another question that would have surfaced
earlier if somebody actually had tried to implement this.

RFC 5741 now makes the top left header for IETF submissions

   Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)

...which is easy on the eyes, easy to understand, and ... 39 characters
long.

The line width for RFCs is 72, thus, using "naive" table formatting, a
maximum of 36 characters is available in each column.

Without additional changes, xml2rfc would thus output

   Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF)

...wrapping the abbreviation into the next line. Is this acceptable?

Should formatters make the left-hand column wider than the right column?
(That might cause problems with long author or organization names).

Best regards, Julian