[rfc-i] New email address for Independent Submission stream

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Tue Feb 23 10:56:31 PST 2010

The email address rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org has transparently moved from
ISI to AMS. It remains the default destination for any correspondence
related to the RFC Editor function as a whole, and will continue to be
monitored by the Production Center at AMS as well as by the RSE and the ISE.

However, the great majority of mail using this address is actually
directed at the Production House specifically. To prevent mail related
specifically to the submission and review process for the Independent
Submission stream, we have set up a separate mailbox:

	rfc-ise at rfc-editor.org

If you are an independent submission author, your email will be more
reliably and quickly responded to if you use the rfc-ise address,
although rfc-editor will continue to work.

Once your independent submission has been accepted for publication and
passed to the Production House, we suggest that you use the rfc-editor
address but CC: the rfc-ise address.  This is particularly important if
you choose to update your document while it is in the EDIT queue (or
even the AUTH48 state(; the ISE will need to make a decision on whether
the change is acceptable.

Bob Braden
Acting RSE