[rfc-i] RFC Archives via RSYNC

RFC Editor rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Tue Feb 23 09:21:42 PST 2010

Greetings All,

I'm forwarding this message, as it does not appear to have shown up
in the archives.

Thanks,
Sandy

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sandy Ginoza <sginoza at amsl.com>
Date: February 19, 2010 4:19:55 PM PST
To: rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org
Cc: RFC Editor <rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org>
Subject: RFC Archives via RSYNC

Greetings All,

It seems that there has been an increased number of individuals using
FTP to mirror the RFC archives and that, seemingly, most people are
mirroring the entire FTP site on our servers (and doing it quite
frequently).  Please note that we have added a new RSYNC target to our
servers, "everything-ftp".  It gives you everything exactly as you
would get it via FTP -- that is, our entire FTP archive.  We are
hopeful that this proves beneficial for you.

We have also come across a few bandwidth issues recently, and are
working to localize what appears to be an
intermittent, yet recurring, issue.  Please note that while FTP
continues to be available, we believe that the bandwidth issues may be
linked to the high FTP usage, and we therefore encourage the use of
the newly available target.

Thank you,
Sandy