[rfc-i] pointer to discussion of URL references

Glenn Kowack Glenn at RiverOnce.com
Thu Dec 16 08:37:10 PST 2010

On Dec 16, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> At 10:57 AM -0500 12/16/10, Tony Hansen wrote:
>> In case you're not aware of it, there's a discussion of the use of URL references in RFCs and I-Ds happening on the ietf at ietf.org list.
>>
>> Someone from the RFC editor staff may wish to check it out.
>
> That's an interesting suggestion, one that ties into the seemingly-dead discussion of the role of the RSE.
>
> In the case that the IETF community wants a change or at least a justification for a content decision in the RFC series, is it the RSE or the Production Center that should be handling the discussion?
>
> --Paul Hoffman

Tony, Paul, et al,
   I'm just now putting finishing touches on my previously-announced 'Motivations' document, which will be published later today.  After which I'm going to re-engage in both general discussions and the specific discussion about I-Ds per Tony.

Re Paul's question: the RSE will handle the discussion, although anyone may join in.

My thanks to everyone for being patient.  I'm just recovering from a nasty post-Beijing respiratory infection.

-Glenn