[rfc-i] RFC Series Editor -- Job Description

Dave CROCKER dhc at dcrocker.net
Wed Dec 1 12:11:25 PST 2010

> On 2010-12-01 17:51, Dave CROCKER wrote:
>> Reporting to a committee is a tricky business,
> I agree, and my model where the RSE would report regularly to an oversight
> committee is not intended to take away the IAB's ultimate responsibility
> either.

Well, the Description I submitted pointedly also does not remove IAB authority.
  However I think there's an important difference between what it describes and
what you've just described.  I could imagine either working, but it's a good
idea to be clear about the difference:

The Job Description preserves the formally mandated reporting by the RSE to the
IAB.  (Declaring it to be one person on the IAB is meant as a very small
efficiency refinement.)

What you are describing really makes the RSE report to the Oversight Committee.
  Injecting the RFCOC into the reporting chain that way is a formal change, IMO.

Again, I think that that might work just fine, but we need to be clear about its
nature.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker