[rfc-i] On two committees

Bob Braden braden at isi.edu
Wed Dec 1 11:54:54 PST 2010

> I have a preference for that other committee to be selected by some sort of
> community process rather than appointed by the IAB; that seems to be
> the Internet way.

This seems to me to be Death by Populist Anarchy. The IAB membership is
already chosen by a community process. The community has chosen the IAB
membership and now they should trust the IAB to act sensibly and for the
good of the community.  Appointing an RFC series oversight committee
seems to fall under the reasonable authority range of the IAB.

We should not lose sight of the fact that the RFC series serves a larger
Internet community than the IETF.

Bob Braden