[rfc-i] On two committees

Bob Braden braden at isi.edu
Wed Dec 1 11:41:23 PST 2010

> I could live with that too. I just don't think it's in anyone's interests
> to have the IAB performing the regular oversight itself.
>
>     Brian

The wording in the first RFC Editor contract that ISI negotiated with
ISOC was "... the IAB has general oversight" [over the RFC Editor
function].  That word "general" was intended to imply that the IAB would
be involved only for major decisions... no micro-management. It turned
out that we were micro-managed by the IAD, but I guess that being
micro-managed by one person is preferable to being micro-managed by an
entire IAB. ;-)

Bob Braden