[rfc-i] Ole Jacobsen appointed to RFC Series Advisory Group

Glenn Kowack Glenn at riveronce.com
Tue Aug 24 23:18:06 PDT 2010

Ole Jacobsen was formally appointed to the RFC Series Advisory Group (RSAG) during Maastricht.

During the IAB Boston retreat in June, we agreed to freeze RSAG membership until the appointment of the permanent RSE.  However, several weeks ago, during one of the many discussions Ole and I were having (I've been informally benefiting from his advice since first being appointed in March), it became clear that Ole should have been appointed to the RSAG when it was first formed months ago.  It appeared that there had been an oversight that was now due for correction.  The RSAG resoundingly agreed, as did the IAB.

Ole brings decades of editorial and Internet experience to the RSAG.  We all look forward to working with him once again.  Welcome aboard, Ole!

regards,
Glenn
Transitional RFC Series Editor