[rfc-i] Important: do not publish "draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08" as is!

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Wed Nov 25 06:14:41 PST 2009

(removed ietf-discuss and xml2rfc mailing list from cc:)

RFC Editor wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> I went through version -08 of the headers-boilerplates document and
> attempted to put together all of the possible combinations of text for
> the "Status of This Memo."   I believe the attached file is a complete
> list of these possibilities, based on the text in Section 3.
>
> Please note that I have updated the URLs to match that of the existing
> metadata pages that were created in response to this document
> (http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfcXXXX).

Good. I'm updating rfc2629.xslt accordingly.

> The RFC Editor hopes that the IAB will agree to update the URLs
> (throughout) and the text in Appendix A to reflect the appropriate
> text from the corresponding Stream/Status/Consensus in the attached
> file during the editing process.

+1

> Please feel free to check the attached files, as manual error is
> possible.
>
> Hope this is of some help! Thanks!

It is, and it should have been done earlier.

I just checked up to the 5th example:

> 5. IETF Historic w/ consensus
>
> Status of This Memo
>
>    This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it
>    is published for the historical record.
>
>    This document defines a Historic Document for the Internet
>    community.  It represents the consensus of the IETF community.  It
>    has received public review and has been approved for publication by
>    the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG).  Not all
>    documents approved by the IESG are candidate for any level of
>    Internet Standards; see Section 2 of RFC XXXX.
>
>    Information about the current status of this document, any errata,
>    and how to provide feedback on it may be obtained at
>    http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfcXXXX.

Here, in the 2nd paragraph, the 2nd sentence ("This document is a
product of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).") seems to be
missing.

I'll check the other ones time permitting...

BR, Julian