[rfc-i] More-than-editorial changes in AUTH48

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Thu Nov 19 14:27:51 PST 2009

At 1:41 PM -0800 11/19/09, Bob Hinden wrote:
>I would add that is why in AUTH48 changes are reviewed by the w.g. chairs and relevant ADs to make sure the changes are editorial and don't require community review.

That sentence is out of step with some of the AUTH48 changes I have seen over the years. In some cases, where small but real technical changes that appeared at the last minute, authors have been told by the sponsoring ADs to *not* turn in another Internet Draft, but to put the changes in AUTH48. Doing this inherently short-circuits community review, but has the not-insignificant advantage of expediency for technical changes that authors and ADs consider minor.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium