[rfc-i] Headers and Boilerplates is done.

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Wed Nov 18 05:01:03 PST 2009

Olaf Kolkman wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I've just uploaded version 08 of headers and boilerplates.
>
> This version:
>
> - includes text that makes it more specific that the RFC Editor has the
> discretion to change the boilerplate material (subject to review,
> depending on the significance of the change).
> - removed the duplication in 3.3 and 3.4 and suggests a per rfc URL for
> more information.
> - fixes some nits.
>

> See
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08
> and
> http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08.txt
>
> for the specific nits.
>
> I consider this document done and will ask the RFC editor for
> publication shortly.

Looking at
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08#section-3.1>:

-- snip --
    <document source>  This describes the area where the work originates.
       Historically, all RFCs were labeled Network Working Group.
       "Network Working Group" refers to the original version of today's
       IETF when people from the original set of ARPANET sites and
       whomever else was interested -- the meetings were open -- got
       together to discuss, design and document proposed protocols
       [RFC0003].  Here, we obsolete the term "Network Working Group" in
       order to indicate the originating stream.

       The <document source> is the name of the RFC stream, as defined in
       [RFC4844] and its successors.  At the time of this publication,
       the streams, and therefore the possible entries are:

       *  Internet Engineering Task Force

       *  Internet Architecture Board

       *  Internet Research Task Force

       *  Independent
-- snip --

So, "Internet Engineering Task Force", "Internet Architecture Board",
"Internet Research Task Force", or "Independent" would appear in the
upper left corner, right?

For the last case ("Independent") this will look slightly funny; it
requires the reader to know that this field identifies a publication
stream...

Best regards, Julian