[rfc-i] draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-07.txt

Russ Housley housley at vigilsec.com
Wed Mar 18 09:17:20 PDT 2009

RE: 3.2.3.  Paragraph 3

Apparently I missed a shift in the
draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates document.  Many months ago,
the IESG asked for an RFC-specific URL to be placed in each RFC.  We
do not care if it is part of the front matter or part of the back
matter; however, the RFC-specific web page is expected to provide
information about the actual RFC, not the stream.  The material of
interest is similar to that offered on
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfcXXXX.  In particular, the IESG expected
the web page to answer these questions (and perhaps others):

	- Has this RFC been obsoleted?  If so, by which RFC(s)?

	- Has this RFC been updated?  If so, by which RFC(s)?

	- Are there errata against this RFC?  If so, provide a link to them.

This text is unclear if feedback is intended to be a pointer to a
mail list or a pointer to errata submission.  I'm not sure what is
desired here.

Personally, I do not care if the URL to the RFC Editor status web
page is on the front or in the back of the document.

Russ
on Behalf of the IESG