[rfc-i] re-rolling the RFCs0001-0500.tar.gz tarballs

Peter Hessler phessler at theapt.org
Fri Mar 13 07:58:14 PDT 2009

Hello, I am working on creating a package of the RFCs for offline
reading.  However, I noticed that all of the tarballs are re-generated
every week, so the checksums change.  The port framework I use verifies
that the source tarball matches a registered checksum, so this will fail.

Is there a reason why the RFCs0001-0500.tar.gz tarballs change checksum?
Shouldn't they be static once filled?

--
You can write a small letter to Grandma in the filename.
		-- Forbes Burkowski, Computer Science 454