[rfc-i] RFC Metadata Pages

RFC Editor rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Wed Jul 29 04:53:36 PDT 2009

Greetings,

We have created RFC metadata pages to meet the requirements described
in Section 3.2.3 of draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08, for
example:

   http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2026
   http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc5246
   http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc5507

These pages include:
- links to the RFC (in the formats available from rfc-editor.org)
- Status (as defined in RFC 2026)
- Obsoletes / Updates / Obsoleted by / Updated by information (if applicable)
- Author(s)
- Stream (as defined in RFC 4844 or Legacy*)
- Source (Working Group and Area, if applicable)
- links to any errata
- Abstract

* For Stream, "Legacy" indicates that source information was not
recorded for this RFC; we are working on updating this information for
RFCs for which it exists.

Please note that we do not plan to include the URLs in RFCs as
described in draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08 until the
document is ready to be published.

We welcome your feedback.

Thank you.

RFC Editor

Section 3.2.3 of draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08:

   The boilerplate ends with a reference to where further relevant
   information can be found.  This information may include, subject to
   the RFC Editor's discretion, information whether the RFC has been
   updated or obsoleted, the RFC's origin, a listing of possible errata,
   information about how to provide feedback and suggestion, and
   information on how to submit errata as described in
   [I-D.rfc-editor-errata-process].  The exact wording and URL is
   subject to change (at the RFC Editor's discretion), but current text
   is:

   "Information about the current status of this document, any errata,
   and how to provide feedback on it may be obtained at
   http://www.rfc-editor.org/<static-path>/rfc<rfc-no>.html"